Real Estate


The Real Estate Division of Land Management Systems serves the agencies of County Government by acquiring and disposing of public ownership interests in land; compiling, maintaining and updating an inventory of the County’s interest in property; and assisting with the formulation, presentation and coordination of County property management strategies.

The Real Estate Division researches title issues and provides information relating to county owned property to the Public and other agencies. The division also reduces the cost of implementing the County’s vision for the future by providing an informed in-house resource for orchestrating and executing necessary changes in property status.

Featured Services


Debbie Taylor Real Estate Manager

Laurie Ford Senior Real Estate Coordinator
Sheri Lewis Senior Real Estate Coordinator
Jessica Getchius Senior Real Estate Coordinator
Kelly McTaggart Real Estate Coordinator


How do I find out if this land is County property?

More information on individual parcels and their use may be found at the Property Appraiser's website. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

How do I purchase County-owned property?

When county-owned property is declared surplus to the needs of the county, it is sold through a sealed bid process pursuant to Florida Statute 125.35. Property that has been declared surplus can be found in our Surplus Inventory. If the property you are interested in is not currently declared surplus property, you may contact the Real Estate Division at (904) 209-0760 for assistance.

How can I determine if a piece of County-owned property can be declared surplus?

St. Johns County has a procedure for evaluating and determining whether a property is surplus to the needs of the County. If the property you are interested in is not currently declared surplus property, you may contact the Real Estate Division at (904) 209-0760 for assistance. Property that has been declared surplus can be found in our Surplus Inventory.

Is this the Division that helps with housing?

No, if you need assistance with housing, please contact the Housing and Community Development Division at (904) 827-6890.

Is this where I can reach the Board of Realtors?

No, this is a Division of St. Johns County local government serving its citizens by managing the County’s ownership and interest in real property. For more information, please contact the Board of Realtors at (904) 829-8738.

Is the County supposed to take care of my road?

The answer to this question depends on local conditions. You need to check with your homeowners association, if any. Also, ask local residents about the status of your road. Dedication of roads usually takes place when your subdivision was platted or legally recorded. If you do not live in a subdivision, adjacent homeowners often share maintenance responsibility for privately owned roads. If you have trouble finding this information, contact us and we will be glad to assist you in determining the ownership of your road.

Where can I find a copy of my property survey?

The County only surveys County owned property and does not have copies of surveys of privately owned land. To obtain a copy of your survey you would need to contact the title company or attorney that handled your closing or if you know the name of the surveyor you can contact them directly. In many states surveys are recorded, Florida is not one of those states. If you are still not able to locate your survey, you will need to hire a licensed land surveyor. Searching online for property surveyors is one of the best ways to find companies in your area. You can also find a surveyor by going to Professional Surveyors and Mappers and searching under your county.