St. Johns County evaluates all suggested links using the following criteria:
- Is the recommended website an official government-owned or supported website?
- Does the recommended website provide official government information or services?
- Does the recommended website complement existing information, products and services on SJC sites?
- Is the recommended website accessible and applicable to a wide audience?
- Is the recommended website's content relevant, useful and authoritative for citizens, businesses and/or government officials?
- Does the recommended website's information appear to be accurate and current?
- Is the recommended website's approach to the privacy of personal information consistent with SJC's privacy and security policies?
- Does the recommended website meet one or more of the following "highly desirable" criteria?
- The website crosses agency or intergovernmental boundaries (e.g., www.sjcpa.us, www.sjcvotes.us);
- The website enables citizens, businesses and/or government officials to conduct transactions online (e.g., buying stamps or coins, replacing Medicare cards, and filing taxes);
- The website provides citizens, businesses and/or government officials with the information they need to interact directly with government organizations (e.g., clearly available telephone numbers, street addresses, e-mail addresses and instructions);
- The website provides community-level information and services (e.g., Post Office locators, Social Security Office locators, National Park Service Guides and Veterans' Facilities).
Links to Government Websites
We may add a link to any government website that is publicly available unless directed not to by the agency that owns the site. The SJC website also links to: quasi-government agencies and websites created by public sector/private sector partnerships; state and local government sites (e.g., www.myflorida.com).
Links to Non-Government Websites
In rare instances, SJC links to websites that are not government-owned or government-sponsored if these websites provide government information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government website. The SJC website provides these non-government websites as a public service only. St. Johns County Government, including the Board of County Commissioners (the primary sponsor of the SJC website), neither endorses nor guarantees in any way the external organizations, services, advice, or products included in these website links. Furthermore, the St. Johns County Government neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of the information contained in non-government website links. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement for more information on this topic.)
The SJC website highlights links of special interest to wide audiences by temporarily posting them in a position of prominence on the website. Featured links may include: online transactions; seasonal information; current topics on the minds of citizens, businesses or government officials; community-level services and information; cross-agency portals that enhance the public's interaction with government; kids' websites; and new links.
SJC will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias, or discrimination. Furthermore, St. Johns County reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with the SJC website mission or policies.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on the SJC website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. SJC website provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the SJC website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners and SJC website administrators do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners and SJC website administrators do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners and SJC website administrators cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners and SJC website administrators are not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners and SJC website administrators do not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.